Sunday, August 11, 2013

Cafe Gaia @ South Yarra

Cozy Home Style Ambience
Cafe Gaia located at Avoca Street in South Yarra, Victoria is definitely one of the popular places for Australian Style breakfast/brunch and lunch. Because I had read quite a number of good reviews about it so today we went the try it out. The staff was very friendly and made us feel at home and welcomed. To start with drinks, we had a flat white and hot chocolate.
Flat White
Nicely done coffee art and I could smell the awesome aroma when it was served.
Hot Chocolate
Some artwork done as well with this cup of hot chocolate. The chocolate is actually very thick at the bottom and I had to stir it well before I really taste it. It reminded me the taste of Spanish hot chocolate that I tried a few years back.
For our meal, we went around 10am so we ordered from their breakfast menu. There were many varieties from muesli to poached eggs...you name it. What caught my eye was the Pork Belly sandwich with corn bread and in the end I went with that.
Pork Belly Sandwich with Corn Bread
It was served on a cutting board like board but I'm not really sure if it is really a cutting board. The food presentation was nicely done and it definitely looked appetising. What's special about this dish is the bread. Well it is actually what they call "corn bread" and the texture was not like normal bread, it was a bit like cake texture yet it still maintained the bread texture. It was very soft and tasty. The filling of the sandwich was pork belly slices with their salad and the combination was nice with the salad dressing. Definitely a thumbs up!
Mom ordered Ham Hock & Chipotle Baked Beans with Fried Eggs....what a long name.
Ham Hock & Chipotle Baked Beans with Fried Eggs
Beneath the two fried eggs was a slice of corn bread. I tasted the baked beans and it was very special. It had a taste of herbs and spice that goes well with the slices of ham hock inside. A very filling dish.

Overall I am very happy with Cafe Gaia and looking forward to try out their lunch menu one day.

Photography by Fujifilm XF1.

No comments:

Post a Comment