Wednesday, January 29, 2014

“Dao Sha Bao" 豆沙包 (Red Bean Paste Bun)

Red Bean Paste inside the Steamed Bun
When I was a little kid I often had this "dao sha bao" which is Hokkien language that means Red Bean Paste Bun. I used to love it until I grew older and started to lose my interest in sweet food. Today I went to "The Chef" at Parkcity with my dad for afternoon tea and we ordered this "dao sha bao" again. I once again got to reminisce the times of my childhood as I enjoyed this perfectly tasty red bean paste and the soft chewy texture of the steamed bun. Main thing here is the red bean paste was very nicely made and wasn't too sticky or gooey and the aroma of the red beans stood out. Once again, I believe many people have their own story behind this "dao sha bao". What is yours?

Photography by Nokia Lumia 1020.

No comments:

Post a Comment