Friday, July 19, 2013

Hot Plate Tofu, Teh Tarik Peng, Crepe Cake, and Oreo Mc Flurry

As usual during holiday break in Bintulu, I guess there's nothing much to do here other than going out and sit in cafes and chit chat around with friends, and of course, enjoy some nice food. Went around a few places in Bintulu yesterday with my friend, had some lunch, ice cream and tea break...Hmm there were some good food and some really disappointing ones. First stop was After 3 cafe in Parkcity Bintulu. Two things we ordered that gave me a good impression.

Teh Tarik Peng
Firstly haha was the Teh Tarik Peng, where "peng" means ice is hokkien dialect. So when we say teh tarik peng we mean "Iced Teh Tarik". The thick taste of milk tea was just so indulging and just that I would advise that when you order this, ask for "kosong (no sugar)" or "kurang manis (less sugar)". It was a bit too sweet for me haha. As for the food we ordered, I was really impressed with the Hot Plate Sizzling Japanese Tofu.
Hot Plate Japanese Tofu
Nicely cooked with minced meat and mushroom with fried egg as the base of the hot plate. Very delicious and the tofu was soft and silky :). 
Meanwhile some time after lunch we went to McDonalds drive thru and got ourselves some oreo McFlurry ice cream, which turned out to be a great disappointment.
Oreo McFlurry
Notice that the size of the cup is now so small compare to before, and the taste was bad. Seriously the ice cream tasted really weird, rather like as if it was only sugar. Definitely not going to buy it again unless McDonalds do something about it. 
Now I would like to mention about the crepe cake we had at Bolaven Cafes. Just few days before my friends and I were discussing about the crepe cake they had in Kuala Lumpur, and I was surprised to find crepe cake here in a small town like Bintulu.
French Crepe Cake Coffee Flavour
First thing that caught my eye was the price, RM9, which in my opinion is quite expensive for that small piece of thing. However it tasted just nice as it was not too sweet, yet the coffee taste was good and thick enough.
Layer by Layer
As this is my first time trying out crepe cake, I definitely love it and would like to try some more different varieties in the future. As for now, that's all I would like to share this time :) Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment